The Creamy Baked Tomato and Spinach Pasta is a heartwarming dish that combines the rich flavors of roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic with the creamy texture of vegan cream cheese and fresh spinach. Tossed with perfectly cooked pasta, this dish is an indulgence in comfort food, ideal for a satisfying main course. The roasted garlic infuses a unique depth of flavor, making it a delightful choice for a cozy dinner or a special occasion.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Indulgent and Flavorful: The combination of roasted tomatoes, creamy vegan cheese, and fresh spinach creates a rich and indulgent taste experience.
- Customizable: This recipe is versatile and can be adapted to include your favorite herbs or additional vegetables.
- Simple and Elegant: Though simple in preparation, the dish offers an elegant presentation and complex flavors.
- Comforting: Every bite of this creamy pasta is like a warm embrace, ideal for those cozy nights in.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Pasta: Choose your favorite variety, from penne to fusilli or even gluten-free options.
- Fresh Spinach: Adds a beautiful green hue and a nutritious twist.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Their natural sweetness intensifies when baked.
- Whole Garlic Bulb: Roasted to perfection, it offers a subtle, caramelized flavor.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: For that creamy texture.
- Olive Oil: Brings everything together with its rich, fruity notes.
- Seasonings: Simple salt and black pepper to enhance the natural flavors of the ingredients.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Creamy Baked Tomato and Spinach Pasta:
- Start with Baking: Lay spinach and tomatoes in a dish, add a garlic bulb and cream cheese, and bake until the flavors meld beautifully.
- Pasta Perfection: Cook your pasta to al dente perfection while your veggies are baking.
- Create the Sauce: Blend the roasted garlic into the tomato and cheese mix for a creamy sauce.
- Combine and Toss: Mix the pasta with your creamy, roasted vegetable sauce, adding pasta water to reach the perfect consistency.
- Garnish and Serve: Add a final touch with fresh herbs or a sprinkle of black pepper for a visually appealing and delicious dish.
Tips for the Perfect Pasta Dish:
- Choose Quality Ingredients: The simplicity of the recipe means each ingredient shines, so opt for the best quality you can find.
- Roast to Perfection: Ensure your garlic and tomatoes are well-roasted to release their full flavors.
- Adjust Creaminess: Play with the amount of vegan cream cheese and pasta water to get your desired sauce consistency.
- Experiment with Toppings: Try different garnishes like basil, pine nuts, or vegan parmesan for varied flavors and textures.
Embrace this Creamy Baked Tomato and Spinach Pasta as your go-to comfort dish that’s as pleasurable to make as it is to eat. Enjoy a plateful of creamy, tomatoey goodness that’s sure to become a favorite in your recipe collection.
Baked Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- Baking Dish
- Pot (for cooking pasta)
- Strainer (for draining pasta)
- 2/3 lb about pasta of choice 300g
- 7 oz fresh spinach 200g
- 10.5 oz cherry tomatoes 300g
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- 7 oz vegan cream cheese 200g
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Prepare Baking Dish: Lay the spinach leaves at the bottom of a baking dish. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top. Slice the top off the garlic bulb to expose the cloves and place it in the dish. Add dollops of cream cheese around the tomatoes and garlic.
- Season and Bake: Drizzle everything with olive oil, season with salt & black pepper. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, until the tomatoes are blistered and the garlic is soft.
- Cook Pasta: While the tomatoes and garlic are baking, cook your pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Create Sauce: After baking, squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin, and smash it into the tomato and cheese mixture. Smash the tomatoes and mix it with the garlic and cream cheese
- Combine: Add the cooked pasta to the baking dish. Toss everything together, adding a bit of reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve: Garnish with additional fresh herbs or black pepper if desired.