Get ready to whip up a quick, scrumptious meal that’s sure to dazzle your taste buds – our Asian-Style Peanut Noodle Dish with Smoked Tofu. This dish is not just a feast for your senses; it’s also the fastest takeout-style dinner you can create in your own kitchen!
Side Close-up Shot of Asian-Style Peanut Noodles in a White Bowl
Imagine this: a bowl of perfectly cooked noodles, lavishly coated with a nutty, slightly spicy peanut sauce, and topped with the smoky charm of diced tofu. It’s a fusion that speaks volumes in every bite!
How to Make Asian-Style Peanut Noodles with Smoked Tofu?
This dish is delightfully simple to make, with just a few key components: noodles, peanut sauce, and an array of fresh, crunchy vegetables.
- Cook the Noodles: Choose your favorite – soba, spaghetti, or even ramen noodles. Cook them as per the package instructions.
- Whisk the Peanut Sauce: Combine smooth peanut butter with soy sauce, sesame oil, a touch of Sri racha, and brown sugar. This creates a rich, flavorful base that’s irresistibly good.
- Combine and Toss: Once your noodles are ready, toss them generously in the peanut sauce, ensuring each strand is beautifully coated.
- Add the Freshness: Throw in julienned cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, and thinly sliced spring onion to introduce a refreshing crunch.
- Top it Off: Finish with diced smoked tofu, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and a drizzle of chili oil for that extra kick.
Overhead Shot of Ingredients for Asian-Style Peanut Sauce
Crafting the Perfect Asian Peanut Sauce
This sauce is the heart of the dish. You’ll need low-sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, your choice of vinegar (rice or apple cider works great), Sri racha for a bit of heat, sesame oil for that nutty aroma, and smooth peanut butter. Whisk these together, and you’ve got a sauce that’s ready to transform any noodle dish into a gourmet experience. Feel free to make it ahead and store it in the fridge – just give it a good shake before using!
Side Shot of a White Bowl Filled with Peanut Noodles, Ready to be Enjoyed with Chopsticks
What Noodles to Choose?
The beauty of this dish lies in its versatility. Soba noodles are my go-to for an authentic touch, but feel free to use what’s available – spaghetti, fettuccine, or even ramen noodles are excellent choices. Just cook them as per the instructions, and you’re all set to toss them in that luscious peanut sauce.
So, there you have it – a delicious, quick, and easy Asian-Style Peanut Noodle Dish with Smoked Tofu that’s bound to become a new favorite in your home. It’s the perfect blend of flavors and textures, ready in a flash, and absolutely delightful. Give it a try and watch it become a regular in your meal rotation!
Peanut Noodle Salad
- Cooking Pot for boiling noodles
- Mixing bowl for preparing the peanut sauce
- Whisk or spoon for mixing the sauce
- Cutting board and knife for preparing vegetables
- Large bowl for tossing the noodles and sauce
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter about 80 g
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce 60 ml
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sri racha
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp noodle water
For the Noodles:
- 8 oz noodles 225 g (I used soba)
- 1 cucumber julienned
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 carrot julienned
- smoked tofu Diced
- Sesame seeds
- Chili oil
- Fried dumplings optional
Prepare the Vegetables:
- Julienne the cucumber carrot, and bell pepper. Thinly slice the spring onion.
Prepare the Peanut Sauce:
- In a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, Sri racha, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and ground ginger until smooth.
- Once the noodles are cooked, add 3 tablespoons of noodle water to the sauce to thin it. Adjust the consistency to your liking.
Cook the Noodles:
- Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions. Be sure to save some of the noodle water for the sauce.
- Once cooked, rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside.
Assemble the Salad:
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled noodles & vegetables with the peanut sauce until evenly coated.
Add the Toppings:
- Top the salad with diced smoked tofu, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and a drizzle of chili oil for extra heat if desired.
- Serve the salad in bowls. If you’re including fried dumplings, place them on the side or on top of the salad.
- This dish is perfect as a light lunch or a side dish for dinner. It’s packed with flavor and offers a wonderful balance of textures.
- Noodle Choice: Soba noodles offer an authentic experience, but spaghetti, fettuccine, or ramen can be great substitutes.
- Peanut Sauce Adjustments: Adjust the Sri racha and brown sugar in the peanut sauce to cater to your preferred level of spice and sweetness.
- Vegetable Variations: Feel free to substitute or add other vegetables like spinach, snap peas, or mushrooms.
- Make-Ahead: The peanut sauce can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve hot or cold. Great as a standalone dish or paired with side dishes like spring rolls or a light salad.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently or enjoy cold.